Posts Tagged ‘wooden threads’

Final fitting of new legs…

Seen here, the Bass leg on the Blüthner Style-X – I had just started fine-tuning the new leg boss to mate properly with the new leg. Quite a long process of test fitting, then removing fine shavings until everything is snug.

Please look here for a picture of the legs and lyre fitted – I was double checking to make sure there would be enough clearance under the lyre.

Written on March 12th, 2018. 0 Comments

New Blüthner legs…

A recently finished job – making new legs, all threaded wooden case fixtures, and lyre for a Style-X Blüthner. Beech cores, with Mahogany outers for a closer colour match to the Rosewood case. Please look here for a picture of the legs after staining and finishing. In the past I’ve used the original cores from turned legs that have been boxed – this was the first time I built legs from scratch. The original legs and threaded fittings had all been removed in the past and replaced with modern square legs.

Written on March 5th, 2018. 2 Comments

Latest Work

Christmas tree….
Bechstein rebuild started…
Final fitting of new legs…
Lyre parts…

Latest Blog Posts

Search

A light, fluffy portfolio theme by Empire Themes

Follow

Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: