Posts Tagged ‘new legs’

Bechstein legs

I was sent a set of Bechstein legs that had been boxed (to convert the turned legs to square tapered). I am converting the legs back to the original design, and have just finished rebuilding the octagonal tapered centres. The next job will be making the turned sections. Strangely, the lyre remained untouched…

Written on March 9th, 2019. 0 Comments

Lyre parts…

Lyre box for the Blüthner Style-X – mahogany to match the legs. I was able to salvage the centre section the holds the pedals, but had to move the holes (which havn’t been drilled yet in this picture) for the rods as they had been badly positioned, causing the rods to bind in the guide bushes.

Written on March 8th, 2018. 0 Comments

New Blüthner legs…

A recently finished job – making new legs, all threaded wooden case fixtures, and lyre for a Style-X Blüthner. Beech cores, with Mahogany outers for a closer colour match to the Rosewood case. Please look here for a picture of the legs after staining and finishing. In the past I’ve used the original cores from turned legs that have been boxed – this was the first time I built legs from scratch. The original legs and threaded fittings had all been removed in the past and replaced with modern square legs.

Written on March 5th, 2018. 2 Comments

Latest Work

Blüthner Style-VII completed…
Bechstein legs
Christmas tree….
Bechstein rebuild started…

Latest Blog Posts

Search

A light, fluffy portfolio theme by Empire Themes

Follow

Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: