New Blüthner legs…

New Blüthner legs…

A recently finished job – making new legs, all threaded wooden case fixtures, and lyre for a Style-X Blüthner. Beech cores, with Mahogany outers for a closer colour match to the Rosewood case. Please look here for a picture of the legs after staining and finishing. In the past I’ve used the original cores from turned legs that have been boxed – this was the first time I built legs from scratch. The original legs and threaded fittings had all been removed in the past and replaced with modern square legs.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Latest Work

Bechstein rebuild started…
Final fitting of new legs…
Lyre parts…
New Blüthner legs…

Latest Blog Posts

Search

 

Follow

Get every new post on this blog delivered to your Inbox.

Join other followers: